Dynamic Body Balancing
Dynamic Body Balancing is an alternative treatment method that was developed by Dr. Carol Phillips D.C. Combining myofascial unwinding, craniosacral therapy and biofield therapy, Dr. Carol Phillips, D.C. has created a comprehensive way of addressing physical and emotional stressors affecting the body's natural functioning. It is a program used to assess and treat tension within the cranium, spine, and musculoskeletal system that may be affecting the way the central nervous system and musculoskeletal system respond to the daily demands of our bodies as humans.
The premise for this way of assessing and treating, is that if a body experiences ongoing, underlying tension, then the central nervous system becomes overwhelmed and perpetuates a cycle of stress. As stress is perpetuated, the musculoskeletal system will feel the need to protect itself and begin holding inappropriate motor patterns. These inappropriate motor patterns and tension along musculature in the body will shift the bodies ability remain in a state of homeostasis (regulation) which in turn begins to cause whole system dysfunction.
A harmonious combination of Myofascial Unwinding, Craniosacral Therapy, and Biofield Therapy
Dysfunction within the cranial OR myofascial systems may present as:
- Persistent colic and hyper-irritability in newborns
- Atypical motor milestone development (skip tummy crawling, asymmetrical crawling, walking before 12 months)
- Sensory processing difficulties (ADHD, ASD, and learning delays etc.)
- Frequent Respiratory Issues (Asthma, RSV, Croup)
- Sleep disturbances (Difficulty settling, Difficulty remaining asleep, snoring, apnea, restlessness)
- Fine and Gross Coordination Delays
- Toileting Issues: Chronic constipation OR difficulty with bowel and bladder control after diapering age
- Increased need for movement / Poor attention
- Visual Tracking Deficits
- Auditory Processing Difficulties / Speech delays
- Frequent ear and sinus infections (may not respond to antibiotics)